The main purpose of the CICADA Association for Promoting Creative Citizenship is to promote a creative activity of global citizens and to encourage them to take an active participation in creating the conditions for a sustainable society.
The main objectives are to enhance:
– information, awareness and education of citizens about the potential of creative activity;
– active participation of citizens in various projects, events and activity at local and global level;
– public awareness about an importance of sustainable development;
– intercultural dialog;
– interest in heritage and understanding of its creative potential;
– rational usage of digital environment;
– different types of networking, integration and collaboration (public-private, technology-culture, global-local, etc.).
The CICADA Association is registered in Slovenia and a member of the CNVOS (Centre for Information Service, Co-operation and Development of NGOs / Center za informiranje, sodelovanje in razvoj nevladnih organizacij) network.
In the field of digital technologies implementation in cultural heritage – a source of creativity, we are a part of the eCult network. See our organisational profile in the eCult Directory, published on the eCult Observatory portal. The eCult Observatory is powered by eCultValue, a project co-funded by the FP7 program of the European Commission.
The CICADA Association operates worldwide. However, its team currently residing in Ljubljana (Slovenia), Berlin (Germany) and Canberra (Australia).